A sophisticated Quality Inspection Platform
for the photovoltaic industry
Topography of complete cell wafer, soldering lines, micro cracks, Inspection of Sawmarks, Thickness, geometries, contamination
Kinetic Curing studies of soldering paste
Chipping, edge defects, corner shape, glue residues, Solar cell and Wafer BOW Measurement
3D modeling of dierent geometries
Lab-Robot Solar is a sophisticated Digital Video Optical Microscopy system to be used in the photovoltaic industry. The system enables the inspection of Sawmarks, Thickness, Geometry, Corner shape, Surface, Edge defects, Chipping edge detection, Micro cracks, Contamination, Glue residue, Micro crystals and Bowing. The integrated MIMAS software has many features, ranging from 3D modeling of various geometrical structures to following curing processes of soldering line depositons.
The system has a high level of sophistication in producing topography plots o all kinds of nature. A choice can be made amongst various principles in the determination the solar cell or wafer topography. We have integrated a proprietary DFD technique (Depth from Defocus) using 2D images with dierent focus positions, a triangular method using a combination of a laser scanner and a video microscope and optional a multiple laser triangulation proler. The resolution of the images can be as high as 0.5 µm. Sawmarks are measured using a proprietary shadow measuring technique, cancelling te eect of the crystal pattern. Advanced image processing algorithms work on the shadow images and nd sawmarks with high accuracy. The wafer thickness is measured using an angled lighting and shadow technique. The shadow position is measued simultaneously on both sides of the wafer. The sawmarks and thickness measurement system has a resolution of 1 µm. The wafer geometry is found based on the distance between parallel edges measured in two planes, the length of each edge and the length of the diagonals. In case of a broken wafer, the largest usable rectangle is calculated. The resolution is better than 0.01 mm on all length measurements.
• Fast data acquisition.
• Available configurations for on-line and in-situ using.
• Provide different measurements (distances, areas, angles) and calibrations.
• 3D surface model generation.
• 3D map generation.
• 3D height profile scanning.
• Incorporation of different methods of height measurements: colour reflection information; depth focal decomposition (DFD).
• Read and save data to different formats: Bitmap files (.bmp), Enhanced Metafile files (.emf), CompuServe Gif files (.gif), Icon files (.ico), Jpeg compressed files (.jpg), Portable Network Graphics files (.png), Tagged Image files (.tiff), Windows Metafiles (.wmf).
• Perform different image optimizations, filtrations (Gaussian, Low Pass, Emboss, Inversion, Sharpen, High Pass, Edges), mathematical morphology functions (Dilatation, Erosion, Closing, Opening, Thinning, Hit and Miss, Thickening) with 3x3, 5x5, 7x7 kernels (possibility to make deformation of kernel available), Fast Fourier Transform (FFT).
• Perform image calculations adding, subtractions, division, multiplying. Accept logical operations on images, etc. Integrated analysis of formulas.
• Powerful histogram with representation of information about image and possibilities to adjust image according to the histogram modifications (enhance contrast, expand intensity and transform intensity).
• Special functions and adjustments are possible on demand.